Normal view

There are new articles available, click to refresh the page.
Today — 3 April 2025Main stream

Superman’s latest trailer introduces his team of robot assistants

3 April 2025 at 18:13

Though Superman is clearly going to get the living daylights beat out of him at some point in James Gunn’s upcoming DC Studios feature, the movie’s latest trailer puts a spotlight on how the Man of Steel gets put back together again.

During its presentation at this year’s CinemaCon, Warner Bros. shared an extended sneak peek from the new Superman, and the studio has just posted the footage online. For the most part, the video focuses on a very badly-wounded Superman (David Corenswet) begging for his dog, Krypto, to drag him home because he’s unable to walk or fly.

While it’s played for comedy, it’s a little morbid to see Superman’s body flopping around like most of his bones are broken. But the scene becomes much weirder (in a good way) as Krypto drags Superman to a very inspired take on the Fortress of Solitude, where a team of cape-wearing medical robots are ready to run triage. Along with a very wild shot of the robots concentrating the sun’s light to heal Superman, the trailer also features longer shots of Lois Lane (Rachel Brosnahan), Lex Luthor (Nicholas Hoult), Hawkgirl (Isabela Merced), Mister Terrific (Edi Gathegi), Metamorpho (Anthony Carrigan), and Guy Gardner (Nathan Fillion).

Gunn is obviously banking on audiences digging a wilder, more whimsical world of superheroes, and it might pay off when Superman hits theaters on July 11th.

Dodgers pitcher Blake Snell says home was broken into shortly before his start in home opener

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Blake Snell says his Seattle-area home was broken into last week.

No one was at the home at the time of the break-in. Snell was in Los Angeles for the Dodgers' home opener the following day, which he started.

"I can confirm that our home was recently broken into," Snell said in a statement, via NBC KING 5. "Thankfully no one was harmed. We’re working closely with local authorities and are incredibly grateful for their swift response and ongoing support. 

"We have security footage that is actively assisting in the investigation, and we’re confident the individuals responsible will be caught and removed from our community. If you know something, say something — please contact local law enforcement."

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Police were notified of the break-in March 26, one day before the game. Officers found a broken window when they arrived at the home.

Edmonds Police Commander Josh McClure said it was unclear whether anything had been stolen because "there had clearly been some high-value items that had been left there."

Snell's home was broken into the same week as former Seattle Seahawks star Richard Sherman's in nearby King County. The homes are separated by a 6-mile ferry ride.

PHILLIES' MATT STRAHM CALLS FOR PITCHERS TO USE PINE TAR AGAIN IN RESPONSE TO TORPEDO BAT CRAZE

"Of course, there's always the possibility that they're connected. We don't have enough information to say they're connected," McClure said.

A number of break-ins were reported at the homes of several high-profile athletes during the fall, including Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Joe Burrow, prompting alerts from leagues to use caution.

Tua Tagovailoa said he hired armed security and jokingly dared burglars to try breaking into his home.

Snell, a two-time Cy Young Award winner, signed a five-year, $162 million deal with the Dodgers in the offseason, joining an already stacked squad. The Dodgers' home opener was their third regular-season game after they played a two-game set in Tokyo earlier in the month.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Bruce Springsteen Announces Release of 7 ‘Lost Albums’ in June

3 April 2025 at 12:03

Bruce Springsteen announced the June 27 release of seven “lost albums” as part of a new boxed set called Tracks II.

“During the pandemic, what I did during that time is I finished everything I had in my vault,” Springsteen, 75, said in a teaser released on Thursday, April 3. “This is Tracks II. The ‘Lost Albums’ are records that were [full albums], even to the point that they were going to be mixed, and not released.”

Springsteen organized 83 songs in total into a sequel to his 1998 boxed set, Tracks, which gathered rare and unheard material from the earliest days of the E Street Band up through the 1990s. Tracks II features even more unreleased songs recorded between 1983 and 2018.

“For one reason or another, something I felt was missing from some of [the ‘Lost Albums’], or they just didn’t feel complete at the time,” he explained. “Over a period of time, I built a small collection of full albums that for one reason or another, never got put out.”

A Look Back at Bruce Springsteen’s Career Over Six Decades

The first disc, titled LA Garage Sessions ’83, selects 18 songs that were initially developed as part of the Born in the U.S.A. recording sessions. Springsteen originally had a much different conception for Born in the U.S.A., with early tracks sounding much more akin to 1982’s sparse Nebraska than the synthesizer pop sound that eventually made it onto the 1984 record.

Other collections featured in Tracks II include Faithless, gathering selections from an abandoned film project. Somewhere North of Nashville features a country music sound, while Inyo draws on Latin influences. Springsteen experimented with pop orchestration on Twilight Hours, whereas Perfect World is the only disc that wasn’t initially conceived as a single album.

Streets of Philadelphia Sessions comes from Springsteen’s recordings in the mid-1990s, after he’d dismissed the E Street Band and released two solo albums, Lucky Town and Human Touch, on the same day in March 1992. Fans have long suspected that Springsteen planned to infuse contemporary hip-hop into his music around this time, though the material was never officially released until now.

Bruce Springsteen Announces Release of Seven Lost Albums in June
Bruce Springsteen. Debra L Rothenberg/WireImage

“I read about myself in the ’90s as having some ‘lost period’ or something. Not really. Really, I was working the whole time,” Springsteen said in a teaser for Tracks II.

Bruce Springsteen and Wife Patti 'Didn't Expose' Kids to His Fame

Springsteen will present his seven ‘Lost Albums’ alongside a 100-page clothbound, hardcover book filled with rare and never-before-seen photographs from the past 40 years. Fans can either opt for the full nine-disc Tracks II set or go for a condensed 20-track companion album titled Lost and Found: Selections From the Lost Albums.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and his E Street Band are scheduled to be back on the road this summer for a 16-date European tour that will see them performing in the U.K., France, Germany and beyond.

Springsteen’s wife and bandmate, Patti Scialfa, was missing on most of his North American tour dates in 2024 due to her diagnosis with multiple myeloma, a blood cancer, in 2018. At the October 2024 premiere of his documentary Road Diary: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, the singer-songwriter said Scialfa’s diagnosis taught him a lesson in mortality.

Bruce Springsteen Gushes Over Wife Patti Scialfa After Her Cancer Diagnosis

“Hey, you get up around our age, and those are the things you’re thinking about,” he admitted. “Patti and I have had to deal with her illness, and you’re worried about … it is a part of your life now, questions of mortality, and it just becomes a part of your life.”

Springsteen was also recently spotted spending time with Jeremy Allen White, as the Bear star will be playing the rocker in the upcoming biopic Deliver Me From Nowhere. The Pale Blue Eye director Scott Cooper’s biographical music drama chronicles Springsteen’s efforts in trying to redefine himself with the recording of 1982’s gritty album Nebraska.

© Taylor Hill/FilmMagic

Fox News Politics Newsletter: Waltz under fire

3 April 2025 at 18:03

Welcome to the Fox News Politics newsletter, with the latest updates on the Trump administration, Capitol Hill and more Fox News politics content.

Here's what's happening…

-Newsom foe picked by Trump for key prosecutor job vows to 'dismantle' sanctuary state shields

-Trump's DOGE push slashes millions in DEI contracts funding 'divisive ideologies' in blue states

-Hawley, Senate Judiciary panel to hear from muzzled Meta whistleblower next week

President Donald Trump’s national security advisor, Mike Waltz, has repeatedly landed in hot water in recent days, beginning with an uproar from Democrats over a Signal chat leak with high-ranking national security officials that has since snowballed. 

Trump and his administration, however, repeatedly have defended the national security leader publicly. 

Waltz, who previously served as a Florida congressman and as a decorated combat Green Beret, has come under fire from Democrats and critics since March, when the Atlantic magazine's editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg published a firsthand account of getting added to a Signal group chat with top national security leaders, including Waltz, Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and CIA Director John Ratcliffe, while they discussed strikes against Yemen terrorists…Read more

'NAZI NEPO BABY': Unearthed photo shows smiling Obama touring SpaceX alongside 'Nazi nepo baby' Elon Musk

'CASH AVALANCHE': President Trump, conservatives celebrate ‘absolutely massive’ Florida special elections sweep

'THE PATIENT LIVED': Trump issues ‘prognosis’ for US after tariffs in medical metaphor

CHANGE OF POLICY: Trump admin moves to more easily fire federal workers at 2 agencies: report

COURT TURBULENCE: Trump faces Judge Boasberg over migrant deportation flights defying court order

'REAL LEADERSHIP': Trump invites El Salvador's Bukele to White House for 'working visit'

COSMIC CLASH: Space Force chief fires off dire warning about Chinese capability to knock out US satellites

'RESTORING DIALOGUE': Kremlin official says he's meeting Trump admin in first Russian visit to US since Ukraine war

UNLIKELY ALLY: Trump gets rare Democrat support for new tariffs: 'This is a good start'

'LONG-OVERDUE': Trump's GOP allies praise new tariff strategy, Dem critics say they will only make life more difficult

'UNBELIEVABLY DISLOYAL': Senate approves resolution against Trump's Canada tariffs hours after 'Liberation Day' event

CALIFORNIA CLASH: Congress barrels toward showdown over Biden-era rule letting California ban gas cars

POWER STRUGGLE: Bipartisan senators' bill would require Congress to approve new tariffs

GOOD TIMING: House Democrats to head to U.S.-Mexico border in California to scrutinize Trump security policies

'FULL SUPPORT': Top House Republican backs Byron Donalds for Florida governor

FIRST ON FOX: Washington Post article hyping anti-DOGE protesters in deep red state omits crucial details

DOWNWARD DOGE: Musk's political baggage: Polls show Americans sour on Trump's most visible advisor

WATCHDOG: Pentagon watchdog opens probe into Hegseth’s use of Signal to discuss Houthi attack plans

ONE-WAY TICKET: ICE says it deported 174 criminal migrants from Texas, including a man with 39 illegal entries

Get the latest updates on the Trump administration and Congress, exclusive interviews and more on FoxNews.com.

We found out how much Trump's tariffs are expected to cost you this year

3 April 2025 at 17:27
Watermelons from Mexico are displayed on a shelf at a Target store on March 05, 2025 in Novato, California.
Economists and supply chain experts told Business Insider the average consumer will spend about $4,000 more this year on staples from food to apparel due to cost increases caused by Donald Trump's tariffs.

Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

  • Donald Trump has enacted sweeping tariffs on items imported from the country's global trade partners.
  • The tariffs will cause price increases on goods from pantry staples to apparel, experts told BI.
  • On average, consumers should expect to pay about $3,800 more this year, a Yale economist said.

If you thought the cost of groceries was high before, economists and supply chain experts have some bad news.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday announced sweeping 10% tariffs on goods from any country imported into the United States, and even higher tariffs for 60 trading partners with a persistent trade deficit with the US.

The wide-reaching "Liberation Day" tariffs impact countries including China and Japan, as well as the European Union, and territories near Antarctica inhabited only by penguins. They come in addition to existing tariffs against the United States' top trade partners, Canada and Mexico.

For consumers, the increased import costs caused by Trump's aggressive tariff plan are expected to result in higher prices for everything from pantry staples like coffee and sugar to apparel and larger purchases like cars and appliances.

Ernie Tedeschi, the director of economics at the Budget Lab at Yale, said the price hikes are expected to increase the overall price level of goods in the United States by 2.3%, costing the average consumer household about $3,800 this year.

Tedeschi told Business Insider that the existing tariffs against Mexico and Canada alone account for an expected 1% price increase of about $1,700 per household. The "Liberation Day" tariffs announced Wednesday are expected to result in a further 1.3% hike, or $2,100 per household.

"So 1.3% may not sound like a lot to the normal person, but $2,100 is a meaningful amount," Tedeschi said. "Now, of course, that's an average, so if you open up the hood to that number, there's a distribution beneath that number."

Price hikes on pantry staples and produce

The exact intention behind Trump's tariff plan remains unclear — the president says his main goal is to bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States, but some analysts suspect he may be trying to trigger a recession to reduce interest rates purposely — and the stock market has tanked in response to the uncertainty.

Imports from some countries will be hit with higher tariffs than others, driving uneven price hikes across industries. For example, China — which largely imports machinery and appliances, furniture, toys, and electronics to the US — will be subject to a 54% tariff when combining the new tariffs (34%) with ones that have been previously announced. Goods from the European Union, which primarily imports medical and pharmaceutical products and motor vehicles, will be subject to a new 20% tariff.

Tedeschi said the cost of clothing items is expected to increase by about 8%. He added that pantry staples like sugar and coffee are expected to increase in price by about 1.3%, while fresh produce is likely to increase by about 2.2%.

"The luxury of eating our favorite fruits and vegetables regardless of the season is based on global imports with much coming from Central and South America," Margaret Kidd, an instructional associate professor of supply chain and logistics technology at the University of Houston, told BI. "Tariffs will make many of these staples unaffordable."

The United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, which replaced the North American Free Trade Agreement in 2020, maintains NAFTA's zero-tariff treatment for most agricultural products, textiles, apparel, and other goods that meet the trade agreement's rules of origin. But while the United States gets much of its produce from neighboring Mexico tariff-free, including tomatoes, avocados, and strawberries, other imports will face new price hikes — like grapes from Peru or bananas and mangoes from the Philippines.

"The USMCA is still in effect, so there are fruits and vegetables still covered under the deal and are tariff-free, but then some of them, they are not covered," Chris Tang, a UCLA professor who's an expert in global supply chain management and the impact of regulatory policies, told Business Insider.

Stockpiling and substitutions

Of course, consumers and businesses alike will try to find substitutions. Still, Tedeschi said it takes time to carve out new supply chain routes, for stores to expand their offerings, and for customers to find suitable alternatives to their typical favorites.

"So you may, literally and figuratively, eat the price increase in the short run, as you're figuring out what a proper substitute is, but there are areas where there will be substitutions available," Tedeschi said. "Let's say coffee, for example, imported from Colombia. If Starbucks has a supply chain agreement with Colombia, over time, they'll be able to shift that to another country or another supplier to mitigate the cost of the tariff, perhaps. Whereas, in the short run, like, in a month, Starbucks is not going to be able to do that, so if you want your latte, you're going to have to pay extra."

Some, like "Shark Tank" star Mark Cuban, have suggested Americans start stockpiling goods now to avoid price hikes. They say retailers may raise prices and "blame it on tariffs," even if their goods are US-made. While the experts who spoke to Business Insider say that may be true, panic buying might further hurt supply chains and cause prices to go up, too.

"This kind of shift in demand would actually exacerbate this price increase," Tang said. "If the demand is more stable, then the price is more stable. If everyone starts stocking up on toothpaste and toilet paper, the prices go higher."

Low-income households will bear the brunt

And that's just the immediate impact on everyday consumable items.

The Consumer Technology Association estimated in a January report that Trump's tariffs could increase the price of laptops and tablets by 46-68%, video game consoles by 40-58%, and smartphones by 26-37%.

Car imports will see tariffs of upward of 25%, which could translate to $12,000 or more based on an average car price of $48,000. Some automakers have responded to the tariffs by offering employee pricing deals, while others paused work at their factories and started cutting staff, Business Insider previously reported.

Not every household will be affected by the tariffs similarly, either. In response to Trump's trade plan, Tedeschi said, lower-income households will spend about two and a half times more of their share of income than the highest-earning households will.

Kidd said pharmaceuticals, which represent $251 billion of imports, will face tariffs from 20% to more than 50%, which will disproportionately burden Americans without insurance and may set the path toward an increased deductible for those covered under an employer health plan.

"Lower income households are more likely to purchase imports. They spend a larger share of their income than higher income households do, and so they are more vulnerable to tariffs than higher income households are," Tedeschi said. "And obviously people care about food for food's sake, but that also has distributional implications as well. The more the price of food goes up, the more that disproportionately affects lower-income families as well."

Read the original article on Business Insider

❌
❌